#TeamMemberTuesday: Joshua Detzel
New Year, New #TeamMemberTuesday profile.
We’re kicking 2017 off with South Hills Volkswagen Finance & Sales Manager, Josh Detzel. Josh. He’s been a part of the Cochran family for nearly three years. Let’s see what we may not have known about him before:
- My first job: Dish Washer at an Italian joint
- Three things that you’ll always find in my refrigerator: (1) eggs, (2) soy milk, and (3) alcohol
- My favorite movie and reason why: Billy Madison or Happy Gilmore … Vintage Sandler
- My favorite book and reason why: I would rather watch ESPN.
- My favorite inspirational quote: “You watch those nature documentaries on the cable? You see the one about lions? You got this lion. He’s the king of the jungle, huge mane out to here. He’s laying under a tree, in the middle of Africa. He’s so big, it’s so hot. He doesn’t want to move. Now the little lions come, they start messing with him. Biting his tail, biting his ears. He doesn’t do anything. The lioness, she starts messing with him. Coming over, making trouble. Still nothing. Now the other animals, they notice this. They start to move in. The jackals; hyenas. They’re barking at him, laughing at him. They nip his toes, and eat the food that’s in his domain. They do this, then they get closer and closer, bolder and bolder. Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody. Runs like the wind, eats everything in his path. Cause every once in a while, the lion has to show the jackals, who he is.”— Christopher Walken, Poolhall Junkies
- If the story of my life was made into a movie, the actor or actress who would portray the part of me would be: My fiancé says it would be Leonardo DiCaprio, but I was thinking more along the lines of Denzel Washington
- The most famous person that I’ve ever met was: Kordell Stewart, he came to my school
- When I was growing up my friends called me: Detzel
- My favorite business for exceptional customer service: Hyde Park Steak House
- My dream vacation: Anything with sand, nice weather, alcohol, and clear water
- Favorite restaurant: Hyde Park
- Favorite entertainer: Lebron James
- Favorite Home-cooked meal: Chicken and Yellow Rice
- Dream car: One without a payment attached to it
- Secret vice: Cookies
- You’d be surprised to know the following interesting facts about me: I actually have a passion for training others to reach their goals. My father was a teacher. My mother owns her own personal training company. Training and mentoring is in my DNA. I hope to one day be able to help lead others to reach their own goals
- Top three things on my “bucket list”: (1) Sky Dive … Heights is another one of my biggest fears, (2) Buy property out in the woods where no one can bother me.
- (3) Hire two private investigators. Get them to follow each other. Film entire thing.
- The farthest destination from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania that I’ve ever been to on this Earth was: Nassau, Bahamas
- If I could have dinner with any famous person, living or dead, I would choose to have dinner with: Mark Wahlberg – favorite actor
- Three things in life that I can do without: (1) taxes, (2) corrupt politicians, and (3) CNN
- Favorite coach ever: Greg Popovich … coaches one of the most consistent NBA basketball franchises of all time – 5 NBA Championship rings
- My favorite iPhone app: PNC Mobile
Who will be our #TMT pick for next month? Well, you’ll just have to stay tuned and see!