#TeamMemberTuesday: Courtney Halle
#TeamMemberTuesday: Courtney Halle
We would like to introduce all of you to our newly-promoted Talent Acquisition Manager, Courtney Halle.
You’d be hard-pressed to find a Team Member at #1 Cochran who doesn’t know her; Courtney played a part in how many of us got here! She’ll be doing more of that in her new role, including interviewing, developing #1 Cochran’s recruitment strategies, assessing and hiring new Team Members. She been with us for four years.
Here’s a little more about the young lady behind the new title:
- My first job: My first paying job (other than neighborhood babysitting) was as a cashier at Kentucky Fried Chicken when I was 15. I was employed for three days before having an emergency appendectomy!
- Three things that you’ll always find in my refrigerator: (1) Heinz ketchup, (2) eggs, and (3) skim milk
- My favorite movie and reason why: Field of Dreams… I love sports movies and Field of Dreams is one that I will always stop and watch when it’s on TV. I love the message of determination and fulfilling a goal.
- My favorite book and reason why: This is tough but one of my most recent favorites is The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. Great characters, with a tough but uplifting story of the trials and tribulations of keeping family together . . . all told through the point of view of the family dog.
- Favorite inspirational quote & author: “Be yourself, but always your better self.” – Karl Maeser.
- If the story of my life was made into a movie, the actor or actress who would portray the part of me would be: Patricia Arquette
- The most famous person that I’ve ever met was: My favorite famous person I ever met was Mr. Rodgers! I was visiting PITT as a sophomore in high school. We walked out of an ice cream shop near CMU and he was taking a walk. He spoke to us for a few minutes about how wonderful Pittsburgh was and how PITT was an excellent choice for college. He even let us take a picture with him.
- When I was growing up my friends called me: Court or Painter (my maiden name). No one used first names for some reason!
- My favorite business for exceptional customer service and why: The Apple Store in the Ross Park Mall. They are extremely knowledgeable and greet you the second you walk into the store.
- My dream vacation: Road trip through the US to visit the National Park System.
- Favorite restaurant: For years my dining experiences have been dictated by my two children’s limited palates! But I love Clifford’s in Evan’s City. Great atmosphere, excellent service and menu, and it’s BYOB!
- Favorite entertainer: I am not a huge country music fan, but Garth Brooks was probably the best entertainer I have seen in person.
- Dream car: 1958 Ford F-100 short box in light blue.
- Favorite Home-cooked meal: Slow-cooked pot roast or my mother’s spaghetti and meatballs.
- Secret vice: Probably not very secret but Diet Dr. Pepper or frozen Hershey Kisses.
- You’d be surprised to learn the following interesting fact about me: I can play the piano although I’m a bit rusty . . . I took lessons for six years
- Top three things on my “bucket list”: (1) Visit Hawaii, (2) Go whale watching, and (3) Travel through Europe
- If I could have dinner with any famous person, living or dead, I would choose to have dinner with: I would love to have dinner with my maternal grandparents. They were two of my biggest supporters and I wish they were here to participate in my two children’s lives.
- The farthest destination from Pittsburgh, PA that I’ve ever been to on this Earth was: Las Vegas, NV
- Three things in life that I could really do without: (1) selfishness, (2) humidity, and (3) onions… in anything!!
- My favorite iPhone app: The News app.
Big thanks to Courtney for all of the great info. Congratulations again on the promotion!
As always, stay tuned for our next #TeamMemberTuesday profile.