Team Member Tuesday: La’Shelle Denson
It’s that time of the week to get to know another #1 Cochran team member.
#1 Cochran Compliance Manager, La’Shelle Denson, has worked with #1 Cochran for twelve years. There’s always more to learn, so let’s take a look:
- My first job: Wendy’s
- Three things that you’ll always find in my refrigerator: (1) organic eggs, (2) skim milk and (3) beer.
- My favorite movie and reason why: Multiplicity…. Because it relates to my sense of humor.
- My favorite book and the reason why: One Day My Soul Just Opened Up … by Iyanla Vanzant. This book encourages spiritual strength and personal growth.
- Favorite inspirational quote & author: “Nothing will work unless you do.” — Maya Angelou
- If the story of my life was made into a movie, the actor or actress who would portray the part of me would be: Rachel McAdams
- The most famous person that I’ve ever met was: Jazz musician, Wynton Marsalis, at the Civic Arena.
- When I was growing up, my friends called me: Shelle
- My dream vacation: Trip to Ireland
- Favorite restaurant in the Pittsburgh area: Rock Bottom at the Waterfront
- Favorite entertainer: Singer, Anita Baker
- Dream car: Aston Martin
- Favorite Home-cooked meal: Baked chicken, brown rice, and broccoli
- You’d be surprised to learn the following interesting fact about me: I started writing a book about my life at age 14, and it’s almost complete.
- Top three things on my “Bucket List”: (1) NASCAR racing, (2) visit the Grand Canyon, and (3) run a marathon
- If I could have dinner with any famous person, living or dead, I would choose to have dinner with: My Grandmother, Norvie Dolphin ….. While she wasn’t famous, she had an interesting perspective of the world, and since she’s been gone for a decade — I’d love to know what her thoughts are now. And, of course, I’d pick her brain on a few political issues.
- The farthest destination from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania that I’ve ever been to on this Earth was: Bahamas
- Three things in life that I could really do without: (1) student loan debt, (2) gossip and (3) pessimism
- Favorite coach ever, and why: My high school bowling coach. He got me back into a sport I loved as a kid and helped me grow into a better bowler.
- What I’m most proud of: My three sons!
Big thanks to La’Shelle!
November is right around the corner– so stay tuned to see our next team member profile.