#1 Cochran Contest & Drawing Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Contest is open only to those at least 18 years of age as of the date of entry. Contests are only open to legal residents of Pennsylvania and are void where prohibited by law. Employees of #1 Cochran, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the contest. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations — void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. Also, you agree to accept the decisions of #1 Cochran as final and binding as it relates to the content of this contest.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online for 24 hours, starting from posting time if the contest begins Monday through Thursday. Should a contest begin on a Friday, contest entries will close at 3:00 PM EST Monday.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the contest announcement’s listed method. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at #1 Cochran’s sole discretion. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of #1 Cochran.
5. Prizes: The Winner of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive the prize listed in the contest announcement. Actual/appraised value may differ at the time of prize award. #1 Cochran shall solely determine the specifics of the prize. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at #1 Cochran’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be Winner’s sole responsibility. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for Winner’s cash equivalent is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for #1 Cochran to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: A random drawing will select a winner under #1 Cochran’s supervision. The winner will be notified by Facebook Messenger (or email if applicable) within 24 hours following a winner’s selection. #1 Cochran shall has no liability for the Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk email, or other security settings or for the Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. The prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected if the Winner is unreachable, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within four (4) hours from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT #1 COCHRAN‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text), You understand and agree that #1 Cochran, anyone acting on behalf of #1 Cochran, and #1 Cochran’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of #1 Cochran. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute an infringement of any proprietary or proprietary intellectual rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless #1 Cochran from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs, or expense, which #1 Cochran may incur, suffer, or be required to pay to arise out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: #1 Cochran reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond #1 Cochran’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the contest. In such a case, #1 Cochran may select the Winner from all eligible entries received before and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by #1 Cochran. #1 Cochran reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. #1 Cochran has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer above that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the contest’s legitimate operation may violate criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, #1 Cochran reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless #1 Cochran and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. THIS Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND PENNSYLVANIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, the participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Pennsylvania having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and as a result of this waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Social Media contests hosted by #1 Cochran is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or other corresponding outlets.